Thursday, June 23, 2011

- Low Pass -

I'm not remember what is the date, the date and all the detail of my flight today..
But what I know..
I'm mutual this guy..
His callsign is APAC 2457..
Anas from batch 24..
He's a very nice abd good guy..
Actually I'm not plan to mutual him..
I mean in "diary" today, he is not in the list..
Yah..
You know, I'm mutual guy..
I think all the cadet pilot know, operation staff also..
I'm the mutual guy..
Always available for anyone to ask me to mutual them..
I love flying so much..
I always stay at operation room..
Sometimes doing something, sometimes doing nothing..
Depends..
Waiting for someone asking me to mutual..
Sometimes waiting for the cadet's sortie who ask me to mutual them..
Then suddenly I know Anas got sortie navigation..
And no one mutual him..
So I volunteer myself to him..
And he really appreciate it..
Nice rite when someone happy to fly with you..
Alhamdulillah..
He ask me to teach him..
But I'm not good enough to teach anyone..
Just can advice something that I know..
The rest, ask instructor..
Definitely the know better..

Ok..
Check the aircraft..
Jump in..
Start and ready for departure..
The routing to Terengganu..
And to Kerteh..
Yes..
The best place ever..


ME: Anas, confirm kita ke Kerteh (WMKE)..
ANAS: Affirm.. Aku nak try pegi sana..
ME: Ok.. Good then.. Aku tunjuk kau sesuatu.. Kita track final for runway 16 for missed approach.. Kat Terengganu aku tunjuk kau VOR Yankee.. Kau pernah buat??
ANAS: Tak pernah.. Ok jugak.. Kau tunjuk aku nanti ok..
ME: Bereh boh..


Then we continue NAVEX..
Fly cross Terengganu airfield (WMKN)..
Then proceed to our furthest reporting point, Kerteh..
Normally at Kerteh, I like to do a missed approach..
Because we are prohibited to do touch n go there..
Its a policy of our academy..
So we follow the rules..
Even I have done one touch n go long time ago, when I still in single engine flying..
Shhh..
Dont say to anybody..
hehe..
Ok..
We report overhead Marang..
Then I say to Anas to request to track final..
Anas ask me to do that..
He never done it..
So I make the Radio Call..


ME: Kerteh Tower, APAC 2457..
TOWER: APAC 2457, Kerteh Tower, go ahead..
ME: APAC 2457, from present position request to track long final runway 16 for missed approach, there continue our NAVEX as per flight plan, 5000 ft..
TOWER: APAC 2457, approve to track long final runway 16 and call again establish..
ME: Approve to track long final runway 16 and call again establish, APAC 2457..

And then we proceed with our plan..
We try to find the airfield..
Its a bit hard to find Kerteh airfield..
Because the location near the high hills..
So we have to struggle to find it..
Then using VOR Kerteh, VKE..


TOWER: APAC 2457, Kerteh Tower..
ME: Kerteh Tower, APAC 2467, go ahead sir..
TOWER: APAC 2457, confirm your intention for low pass..
ME: (stunt for a while) Affirm sir.. Intention for low pass.. APAC 2457..
TOWER: APAC 2467, copied..

TOWER: APAC 2457, confirm visual with the airfiled..
ME: Affirm sir.. We are visual with the airfield.. Tracking for final, currently 12NM..
TOWER: APAC 2457, have you insight.. You are clear to commenced low pass, right turn and climb 5000ft..
ME: Roger.. Clear to commenced low pass, right turn and climb 5000ft, APAC 2457..

ANAS: Faiq, aku tak pernah buat..Kau buatlah.. You have control..
ME: Ok.. Actually aku pon tak pernah buat low pass.. Aku try jela ye.. I have control..


I take the control of the aircraft..
Fly that machine from the left handseat..
I do the procedure..
Proceed everything..
Configure the aircraft to go around mode..
Continue descend..
Until at the threshold, around 150 ft..
Continue descend on the runway around 100 ft..
And below..
I concentrate to see outside..
With full power..
At the end of the runway..
I configure the aircraft to climb position and commence steep turn to the right..
And then I realise..
There is a hill at the right side of the runway..
We can make it..
I assume..

ME: Anas, bukitlah.. Boleh lepas..
ANAS: Yela, ade bukit.. Lepas kot..
ME: Boleh.. Insya Allah.. Takdelah tinggi sangat pon..

Gulp..
I start sweating..
I know, the aircraft was so power full..
No problem to pass the hill..
But sometimes I have doubt with it..
Haish..
Then, the most important thing, be cool..
Dont be gelabah..
Then, your mate will gelabah also..
Continue climb..
With take off flap..
And then I realise the is high intensity electric cable on the hill..


ME: Eh Anas, ade kabel elektriklah..
ANAS: Yela.. Lepas punyalah..


I look to him..
He is so damn cool..
So confident..
And then I feel the same after look at him..
The ATC also keep quiet..
Maybe he wait for us to pass the hill..
I think he know we struggle for it..
Then..


TOWER: APAC 2457, nice flying sir..
ME: Roger, thank you sir.. And we climbing to 5000 ft, call again Dungun at time ___..
TOWER: APAC 2457, copied..


Wah..
For the first time in my life..
The ATC appreciate what I'm doing..
I mean in RT..
I feel so proud..
So happy and everything mix..
Alhamdulillah..
Thanks you ATC Kerteh..
So pleasure..
Abd then Anas take control, we proceed to Terengganu..
Do the VOR Yankee..
Then back to Kota Bharu..
All the way to Kota Bharu..
We talk about what we have done at Kerteh..
I know..
For the others..
It is normal thing..
But for me..
It is something..
I appreciate it, appreciate the moment, appreciate flying..

Then we landed safely at kota Bharu..
In a split second, the story that what we have done at Kerteh separate among the cadet..
And then I heard a lot of them wanna try it..
I say, go ahead..
As long as you know what you are doing..
Be safe..
Insya Allah..
New experience for me..
Lets try another time..


Lets fly, high to the sky..
(",)








- No picture was take during this flight.. I just put the picture, randomly from my gallery -

No comments: